The new wireless Bluetooth headphones, HONOR Sport Pro, pleasantly surprised me with the following characteristics:
- Up to 18 hours of battery life.
- Minimal audio lag of only 86 ms.
- USB-C fast charge functionality. You get 4 hours of playtime in just 5 minutes of charging.
In a word, the new HONOR model is great. The headphones are better than the base version, Honor Sport AM61, in many areas. It has fast charging (let’s hope that 5 minutes really does give 4 hours of battery life). Battery life for phone calls is also great, up to 12 hours (only recently phones started being able to provide so much talk time).
The “sport” isn’t an accident (and “pro” comes from Apple) or just used for marketing. They are suitable for exercise, both in a gym or jogging. And they’re more than enough for every day listening to music.
The HONOR Sport Pro are available for purchase starting November 15. The announced price is $77.
How can the HONOR Sport Pro headphones surprise you?
A good design is important. But an audio lag of only 86 ms is much more critical. Honor was able to minimize the audio lag thanks to the SBC and AAC coders and it won’t be noticeable for people (however, this small lag will only be present on Huawei or HONOR devices).
The SBC and AAC coders create a doubled experience. Their characteristics depend on your phone model. The AAC coder really likes to stress the processor, but keep in mind that processors are getting stronger, even in the cheapest phones, so this shouldn’t be a problem.
HONOR Sport Pro made many successful ergonomic decisions:
- They are seriously secured in your ears (they will reliably stay in, so don’t worry about them falling out).
- The headphones have a flexible neckband (it’s so comfortable you will barely even notice it’s there).
- Magnetic attachments on the backside of the earbud which turn the headphones on and off. If the headphones are together, they turn off; take them apart and they turn on (it’s quite an exciting decision!).
Many people said they wanted a functional, but simple control stick on their Bluetooth headphones. Did you want one too? Well, you got one!
HONOR made a functional and minimalistic control stick
- Answer calls.
- Volume control.
- Playlist control.
Keep in mind that several top-rated brands are putting off making a multi-functional control stick, but Honor has already done it.
HONOR Sport Pro comes in these colors:
It would seem that three colors aren’t anything special, but all of them are good for men and women.
HONOR Sport Pro Technical Info
HONOR didn’t stop at just 18 hours of battery life; they gave their headphones many other useful technical functions too:
- IPX5 standard protection. They won’t be damaged by rain or sweat.
- USB-C built-in plug. Thanks to HiPair tech support, you can connect them to a tablet or computer and charge them, if your devices have that function. – It’s the first time I’ve seen this, and I like it!
- Dynamic source.
Features, items included and price
- Design: in-ear headphones.
- Type: Bluetooth stereo headset.
- Connection type: wireless.
- Bluetooth active radius: 10 m.
- Headset functions: present.
- Type of attaching: wings.
- IPX5 standard water-proofing.
- Bluetooth 5.0.
- Bluetooth profiles: AVRCP ver 1.5, A2DP ver 1.3, HFP ver 1.6.
- Battery life – up to 18 hours.
- Battery size: 120 mAhr.
- Weight: 25 g.
- Supports coders: SBC, AAC.
- Volume control: present.
- Functional controls: multi-function button.
Microphone and acoustics
- Microphone location: on the wire.
- Microphone attachment: fixed.
- Functions and specifics of the microphone: noise canceling microphone.
- Type of acoustic design: closed.
- Speaker membrane diameter: 13 mm.
- Frequency range: 20 to 20000 Hz.
- HONOR Sport Pro headphones.
- USB-C cord.